Sunday, November 25, 2012

my niece loves to play with cars as much as Hotrod does...
I'm thinking Santa might be bringing her a few...

Hubby had wanted to get rid of all the leaves...
I said no way...the kiddos will love playing in them...
boy did they...I wish I could show you some of
faces...they are priceless...

we are fortunate to have a very big lot...
almost an acre in the city...
the kiddos have a ball running and playing...

even a flat basketball can be tons of fun...

running...running...running...


of course what day would not be complete...
with out sand...
our patio looked like Toys R Us exploded on it...
thankgoodness I have found great bargains on all of these toys...
some were my kiddos toys...
Most I have got at garage sales and thrift stores...
bring them home give a little clean up...
side note...the little dress my niece has on...
my Mom made this with an old pair of overalls..
scrap material and rick rack...
You did a great job Mom...
I've had a great Holiday weekend...
The whole family took Hotrod to see Santa on Saturday...
at Bass Pro Shoppe...
Hubby and I have never been there...
a very cool place...
Santa asked Hotrod what he wanted for Christmas...
he said TOYS...
Santa asked if there were specific toys...
he said just TOYS....
 
 


13 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

New Header!!!!

So, so, so cool!!!!!!!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwwww, such fun!

Little ones. How they can run, and run, and run and run. :-)

Sure, get her some cars.

We got Kate (1st 'Grand') a Tonka Truck to play with here, since we didn't want her to think, that the world was set up, as "only his" and "only hers". :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-chuckle- Guess the "lesson" stuck. Now she is 20, and in college, to become an Electrical Engineer.

:-)

Jeanie said...

It looks like the kids had a ball....and everyone had a ball watching them.

Nancy said...

Is that really your Christmas tree in the header? I cannot let the hubs see that or he will get ideas...

Love the photo of granddaughter running -- she's a girl on a mission!

So cute!

TexWisGirl said...

the leaves were a great 'keep'. :)

Judy said...

I have never seen a Christmas tree like the one in your new header!!
If you have kids coming over, why rake up all the free toys! Let them play!!!

MadSnapper said...

well that is certainly and Texas Tree... cool! the dress is so cute and the skirt blends in with the leaves, if she was wrapped in that material she could lie down and hide. i can see the joy even without their faces.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Re: Your comment on my blog.... The little glass jars with red/white/plaid tops.... I collect them, because "Bonne Maman" jelly/jams come in them.

We get them in the grocery story, enjoy the delicious jelly/jam, and I love, love, love to wash out and keep, the jars.

In the summer, I can't keep them on my window sill, since we are opening the window. So I use them to store things, in my pantry.

Then when cold weather comes, I can again use them, just to look at. :-)

"Auntie"

Michelle said...

Santa might need a few more details about those toys! lol

Linda said...

You have SUCH a great place!! I am fortunate in having been invited there a time or two! Will be so happy when I'm BACK in town and can hang out with your mom! I love your every post - even when I'm in a hurry (babies crying and such!) and can't post my comments.
ALWAYS look forward to your posts and pics - both here and on Facebook!

Tanna said...

You have a WONDERFUL playland in your yard, Deb! I know they love being there! blessings ~ tanna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Love your header Deb!
And I know what you mean about the patio exploding, that is how mine looked all summer.
love the leaf pics, always so fun!
Hugs,
Cindy