Monday, November 26, 2012

 
it was a pretty day....then late afternoon...
the wind kicked up...and a cold front blew in...
 
we made good use of the nice day....
what could be more fun than a big ole pile of leaves...

I mean who doesn't get the urge to run through them...
to stomp them...to toss them...

 he is still young enough...
to think raking or sweeping is fun...
who am I to stop his fun...
especially if it is productive....
 
 
Pawpaw surprised us with this chalk drawing...
he came into the office...said I've got something to show yall...
never would I have thought he would be drawing with chalk...
Hotrod thought it was cool...Pawpaw is cool...
It's amazing what Pawpaws will do for the kiddos...
Happy 50th Birthday Hubby...
my husband...my best friend...
we've been married over half our lives...
through good times and bad times...
Love ya bunches...
 
 


14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

happy birthday and that last shot is fantastic...good boy pawpaw, playing with chalk. i love chalk and leaves and still love to rake and sweep.

Just Mags said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Love the picture of the two of you, it is so sweet. Hotrod can come and help me sweet and rake leaves. :) Hugs

Just Mags said...

I was thinking of how sweet Hotrod looks among the leaves and as you can see I typed 'sweet' when it should have been 'sweep'. Old lady's head on duty this morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet couple picture! I love it, Deb! Happy Birthday! Yes, our leaves are falling like mad, too. I love fall.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy 50th Birthday to your super-duper Hubby!!!!!!!

And again, I love, love, love how he looks at you. You are his Pretty Lady and that's evident. :-)

Lots and lots of hugs, both of you,
"Auntie"

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

And he *draws gooooood* toooooo! Different colors to show off diff parts of the face! Etc. :-)))))

TexWisGirl said...

a great drawing. happy birthday, dear young man. :)

Bev said...

So Sweet! ...and talking about cool... there is a breeze and I have my jacket on... can't believe...that I can feel cool down here:)))

Susan said...

What a fun post! I just love the last picture of you and your husband. Tugged at my heart!

Michaele said...

Love that last shot!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Darling pictures!!! Looks like fun!

Janie said...

That's a sweet pic of you with your husband. And Hotrod sure looks like he's having fun.
Love the deer antler Christmas tree header!

nancygrayce said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby! I'm desperately trying to play catch up after being gone so much! Love the chalk drawing and how sweet!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I use to love playing in the leaves when I was young!