Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November 1st

 Happy November 1st....
we are having beautiful weather...
cool nights and mornings...
warm days....
it was almost 90 yesterday...
 
 still sending prayers to all effected by SANDY....
we had a quiet Halloween...
we did not hand out candy this year...
we kept the light off...
Hotrod got to go trick or treating...
he had a lot of fun...
I'm sorry to say I don't have photos to share...
he dressed as Woody from Toy Story...
they go with friends that have 3 kiddos...
they live in a neighborhood full of kiddos...
I was expecting him to come all cranky this morning...
but he has been a sweetie pie all day....


Now I'm ready to focus on Thanksgiving...
it is one of my favorite holidays...
I'm just sad it tends to get overlooked...
It should be more appreciated...
after all it is a day to give Thanks...
it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are...
what nationality you are...
what your political preference is...
if you are black...white..purple...or green...
just a day to give Thanks for you blessings...
 
 
 
there are so many things to be thankful for...
I'm not speaking material things...
so I've decided I will post one thing every day that
I am thankful for...
until Thanksgiving...
I am thankful to be able to post on a blog...
the freedom to write...post photos...be myself...
 


6 comments:

Bev said...

Happy November... We have snow pouring down today...by we leave to start our trek southwards.. tonight if the road are okay...freezing rain mixed with lots of snow...doesn't look to go for travelling:)

MadSnapper said...

great idea on the thanksgiving thing each day. and it looks like the horse agrees with you, although he doesn't look all that thankful to me. LOL...

Just Mags said...

We are having beautiful weather here too. I got out today and did some leaf raking. I am thankful too that we can blog and be ourselves. I am thankful to have met you in blog land too. Hugs

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes, it is so sad, that Thanksgiving kind of gets sort of short shrift or whatever that saying is. It gets all but forgotten, in advertising.

Before Halloween is over, the Christmas merchandise is out. What happened to Thanksgiving????

Someone once said, that Thanksgiving is so nice because.... We get all the coming together and lots of delicious foods and warmth... Without the pressure of gift getting.

I think that was Wisdom! :-)

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"

Susan said...

what a great idea Deb! Counting our blessings helps us recognize them more.

Michelle said...

Thanksgiving is really a favorite holiday of mine. Glad someone else feels the same way.