Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nana's Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies....

Diana at http://dfseason.blogspot.com/ is having a contest...please go by and visit...
If you tell her I sent you....I get an extra entry....she's got good recipes posted....

I am posting one of my favorite recipes...... It was my Nana's she made them every
Christmas for her great grandchildren...

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1 stick butter
1/2 c milk
2 c sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa

Mix and boil 2 minutes

Add:
3 c oatmeal
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c peanut butter

Drop spoonfuls on waxed paper quickly. Shape with hand while warm. Let cool and enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Susie said...

Girl, my mom use to make these when I was a kid. I ate them til they made me sick. But now I find them yummy again.

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for reminding me of this recipe! It's the best!

Loretta said...

These sound great Deb. I'll have to try them! Hugs, Loretta

Kelly B said...

Those sound delicious!! We are definitely making those this weekend. I hope today!! It sounds wonderful!!

Thena said...

I found you from Diana's blog. I love this recipe I posted it a few weeks back on my blog. This was about the only recipe I remember my Mom letting me make when I was a teenager and company came over. Wonderful memories.

Tanna said...

Oh, yeah!! I REMEMBER this now! Thank you so much for reminding me of a wonderful childhood treat! Yummy!

nancygrayce said...

I used to make these a lot when my kids were little....but over the years my recipe is so tattered that I can't read it....so thanks! They are so good!

Thanks for your sweet comment of support in the quest for a doctor to see my son!

Judy said...

I have never heard of these before, but anything that combines chocolate and p4eanut butter is all right by me! I am still mad at Starbucks for stopping the Pb/choc bars they used to have!