Thursday, March 29, 2012

I bought the plants for my raised bed veggie garden...
little britches helped me plant...
well let's just say it was quite the adventure...
I was planting...he was getting into every thing...
he has learned how to open one of our gates...
so as I was planting....
he kept escaping...as fast as he could...
the gate just goes to the other part of the yard...
but I had to stop...corral him...
close the gate...get him interested in his toys...
back to planting...as you can imagine...
this went on....and on...and on...
the plants are all in the soil...
he did manage to play in the water...
wet shoes...wet sock...wet clothes
pull dirt off on him...

hubby has a clasp for me to put in the gate...
will save a lot of power struggles...
but he did help me plant the green bean seeds...and okra seeds...
by then we were both filthy...head to toe...
it was time for a good rinse off...
when I got him wrapped in the towel...
"LUNCH" was the word...
boy did he eat good...
broccoli...salmon ...black beans...cheese...
grapes and a pear...

one last call out to the dogs...
then NAP time....
recharge those batteries...
then we will be off again...
got bird feeders to fill...
how is your day going?


13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he's a dynamo, i'm sure. worse than a puppy...

Anonymous said...

Oh, mercy! Little Britches is getting soooo big! Yes, they are escape artists. But, it sounds like you're having a great day! It just began sprinkling here. Yay again for rain!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes, get hubby to put that clasp on that gate, TONIGHT. If not sooner. ,-)

This little guy is coming up on the *terrible 2'es* and you don't need any more power struggles, than you have to have.

I'm seeing a difference in Gabe, and it's not pleasing to me. -sigh- I have a much more structured way of dealing with 'Grands.' But............ I'm not taking care of him.

When I took care of Kate, from the time she was 1 and 1/2, she followed Nana's Rules. And it was ok with Mommy/Daddy. I couldn't have done it, any other way, of course.

Btw, Kate turned 20 today!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!! Time flies!!!!!

"Naps are nature's way of reminding you that life is nice---like a beautiful, softly swinging hammock strung between birth and infinity." ~Peggy Noonan

Cherrie said...

A busy day for you and him!

Michelle said...

He is so sweet! Toddlers can be a handful! They get into everything.

Judy said...

At least you got lots of fresh air and exercise!!! You will sleep well tonight!!
I am not doing so well. Issues with my father. You do not know how lucky you are that you get along well with yours!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Sounds like a fun day- except for the escapes!

Bev said...

Enjoy...they grow up way too fast...but I am sure you know that!! Mine are all grown...and I don't see them to much. so nice that you are in the garden...It will be about 6 weeks before I can think of getting into mine!! Oh for a longer season...but I'm not complaining... I've just had a couple months of a warm Arizona winter...so I will enjoy the rest of our cool spring back home!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He keeps you busy! I love the pictures of him by the gate. Hope your veggies grow big and strong.

SquirrelQueen said...

It sounds like you had a very productive but extremely busy day. I'm betting you slept well that night.

MadSnapper said...

i am worn to a frazzle just reading about your day. he is so darn cute

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! Sounds like you both could have used a power nap to get all recharged after your gardening and adventures. :) Hugs

deb duty said...

That's a busy day. He's such a cutie!