Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This morning I got up and made....
my own dish washing detergent....
all purpose cleaner...
and Playdoh for little britches...
I didn't have food coloring...
but it didn't matter to him..
he enjoyed making wormies...and balls...

Please send prayers for my DIL's Mom...
(Little Britches Meme)
she had knee surgery and has been having complications...
she had a stroke last night...

we are having beautiful weather...
maybe we will dry out a bit before the next storms hit...
little britches and I are enjoying our time outside...
we went for a walk yesterday....
a little treasure hunt...
he brought back 2 rocks...rosemary...
a magnolia tree leaf...
I had a butterfly land on my wrist...
he grabbed it off...
then tossed it into the air...
I'm sure the butterfly was relieved...
it didn't meet the same fate as wormie....

Playdoh recipe:
1/2 cup salt
1 cup flour
add 1/2 cup water
mix up
add food coloring
you may need to add a little more water
if it's too dry

All purpose cleaner:
2 teaspoon castile soap
5 tablespoons of vinegar
2 teaspoons of Borax
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Mix with 4 cups of hot water
1 teaspoon of essential oil for added smell
Load in spray bottle
use it on anything but glass

Homemade Liquid dish soap
 1 1/2 cup hot water
1 tablesppon shredded castile soap
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 table Super Washing Soda
1/8 teaspoon of essential oil for added smell
combine all ingredients into a large bowl,
mix in the hot water, stir until all ingredients are blended
allow to cool completely (approximately 8 hours)
Stir occasionally
Store in your favorite dispenser

Antibacterial liquid soap
Grade 1 bar of Ivory soap with cheese grader
place in sauce pan over low heat
stir to elimate lumps
add about 3 cups of water
add essential oil of your choice for smell
let cool overnight
put in any dispenser

next time I make it I will add more water...
it was a little thick with only 3 cups

I'm really enjoying these back to basic things...
saving money...maybe helping our health...
and the environment...
just call me Ladybug on the Prairie...

I have found a few blogs that give great hints and recipes...
If you get a chance stop by and visit them...
they are full of wonderful ideas....



12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ladybug on the prairie. :)

sorry about your dil's mom. i do hope she will recover fully!

Deb said...

I like the header! Ladybug on the Prairie is a great name, LOL. Great recipes for homemade cleaning products. I like it! And the playdoh will brings hours of entertainment.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow you were busy making your own products. How neat.
Your pictures are really lovely.
Love
Maggie

Linda said...

What wonderful ideas! Where did you get the castile soap?

Prayers for your family member....
strokes are scary things.

nancygrayce said...

I got tired just reading all you did! :)

So sorry about your DIL's mama. Praying for a good recovery!

Unknown said...

Deb, you did a great job today... Love that you made the little one play dough.

You are always so kind to me.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Deb, LOVELY pictures, and thanks for all the recipes! Saying a prayer for Meme and her recovery. You and Little Britches might need to start your own butterfly collection. :)

MadSnapper said...

i prayed for meme, so sorry to hear this. did not know we could make home made play dough. i like to play with it myself. i use ivory bar soap in my bathroom for washing my hands and my face.

Diana LaMarre said...

My, Deb, you are very ambitious making your own cleaning products!

I remember making play dough when my son was small. I am sure LB loved the whole experience with you.

I hope Meme is doing better and wish her a full recovery.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for the recipes. I love how green you are! Keeping Little Britches Meme in my prayers. Sweet birdies too!

Janie said...

I love the ladybug on your new header.
Great recipes. I used to make playdough for my children.

Cherrie said...

I've been wanting to try making my own laundry soap. I want to make your dish soap too :) thanks for the recipe.
If your use coupons go to moneysavingmom.com I've saved a lot of $ from visiting her site. You can also follow her on facebook.