Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Claws foot tub....

 when we bought our house...
it had only one bathroom...
with a tub...surrounded by UGLY OLD pink tile...
Hubby tore down the tile...
only to find...a claws foot tub....
the inside was in good shape...
Hubby repainted the outside...
and the legs...
well that was 15 years ago...
we used it for a long time...
then had plumbing issues...
so it sat for a while....
 we pulled it out of that bathroom.....
Hubby got all the paint of the feet...
we decided to leave the natural look...
with a sealer on it...
 
 we had the inside redone...
Hubby repainted the outside...
a soft gray...
 
now it is in our new bathroom...
Hubby and I are both in love with it...
theirs nothing like soaking in a big tub...
it has a hand held shower...
so hair washing is easy....
I may never use a regular shower again....


13 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Love that tub, we have an old claw foot tub too! Looks like we have the same hand held shower, oh my, love it too!

LindyLouMac said...

Love the bath, guess what I have one as well in the guest bathroom. :)

TexWisGirl said...

too cool to find that inside the tiling!

MadSnapper said...

I love it love it love it... have always wanted one of these.

Hootin Anni said...

How I would LOVE to have this tub!!! Such wonderful character!! And I'd use it as the focal point and go 'antique' for the entire room.

Beautiful treasure.

Michelle said...

We have one in an outside area for summer bathing. Nothing like a deep soak in one of these tubs.

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the restoration! We have a clawfoot tub also and they're so much more comfortable than the new ones (probably unless a lot of money is spent) and we have two others that my husband found on a demo job. They're wonderful! I also love all the photos on your sidebar. What fun!
I'm following you via Feedly and GFC. :-)

betty-NZ said...

That's a wonderful treasure you found!

Bev said...

Love it!!... We had one in an old house we lived in... So lucky you have one!!

Michaele said...

What a hidden treasure!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is gorgeous. I have always dreamed of having a tub like that. I remember one in my grandparents flat in Chicago.

Linda said...

I have been waiting for this picture!!! YAY for you!!!
You probably have the most gorgeous bathroom in town!

Carla said...

Wow How lucky is that to find a claw foot tub hiding behind all that pink tile. Lucky you.