Friday, June 6, 2014


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
 
 I hope you dance....I hope you dance....
lyrics by Lee Ann Womack...
I love that song...
the words move me...
 I love the joy of children...
when they are just doing their own thing...
carefree and innocent....
 a quality we should keep our whole lives....
unfortunately...that doesn't always happen...
 
 but sometimes....
when you reach a "certain" age...
you get some of that back....
when you realize...what others think....
is not that important...
but what makes you happy...
is....
 Hotrod had a better day today...
his throat is still sore...
he's not eating well...
he is drinking lots of water...
with lemon...his new thing he enjoys...
no high fever today...
but a few bouts with a low fever...
 
Nanny...his great grandmother...my Mom....
brought him a bag of cars...and a box of Popsicles...
he played with the cars...and took them home...
the Popsicles...he wanted them to stay at Oma's...
I have a feeling next week...
he will be asking for them quite often...
it's been a busy day...Friday things...
getting ready for a family reunion...
we have an auction...the proceeds pay for the reunion...
I'm taking some of my framed photos...
a Redneck wind chime...
I will be taking photos....
I bet you are surprised to hear that....
my Aunt wants a big group photo...
so no one will be able to leave before it is done...
and when Aunt Dottie speaks...
people listen...
I am excited to see cousins I haven't seen in years...
Aunts and Uncles that aren't youngsters anymore...
now it's time to put the clean sheets on my bed...
and get a good night sleep....


5 comments:

Angie said...

Gorgeous photos! Glad Hot Rod is doing better. Hope he's 100 percent soon. Enjoy your weekend!

MadSnapper said...

your niece is exactly like the song about dancing. so full of joy and wonder.. have fun at the reunion. i miss that....

TexWisGirl said...

have a fun reunion! :)

Jeanie said...

I love that song and your pictures illustrate it so well.
Have fun at the reunion.

Judy said...

Some really incredible images of your niece in this post!!!
My elder DD is back in Canada, after a year in Ethiopia, but she got sick on the trip, then had culture shock and was depressed about leaving a boyfriend, so she did not write as soon as she got here... Makes me feel a lot better, knowing where she is!