Friday, October 10, 2014

 This summer I had the privilege...
to do a photo shoot with my MOM...
 My Mom is my best friend...
she is a lot of FUN...
I am blessed to have her!

 she was 15 years old when she had me...
though she didn't graduate from high school..
she furthered her education on her own...
she has always been a hard worker...
a fast learner..
she ran an Accounts Payable office for a major Corporation...

 she is an avid reader...
music lover...
seamstress...artist....
jack of all trades...

 if something is broken...
she repairs it...
or finds a way to conceal it...
where you wouldn't even know it was broken...

 she is thrifty...generous...
a ball of energy....
she doesn't let grass grow under her feet...
she loves animals...people...
plants...life....
an inspiration to us all....
she loves the lord...
she loves her family and friends...

 she has raced cars...
lived in Branson Missouri...
met a ton of celebrities..
one being someone she loved while growing up...
Brenda Lee...
 She is great Grandmother to Stringbean...
Grandmother to my Son and Daughter...
and almost 4 year old niece...

 no matter what life throws at her...
she keeps on keeping on....
she shared her love of music with us...
all types of music...
Motown was big in our house hold....

she has always encouraged us to follow our heart...
to express ourselves...
even if it didn't fit in the mold of society...
we always knew and still know...
she is on our side...no matter what...
I love you Mom...
you are beautiful inside and out...


5 comments:

Linda said...

What an amazing tribute to an AMAZING lady!!!!! I love your mom!!! EVERYONE does!!!!!

Kathy said...

This is such a great tribute to your mom. Linda sent me over here and I'm glad she did.

Michaele said...

This is a wonderful post! I bet it makes her cry. You are so lucky. And she looks like your sister - not your mom!

Just Mags said...

What wonderful pictures of your mom sweet Deb. She and you are two ladies that would be an honor to see in person. I once went to a Brenda Lee concert, it was outside in Oklahoma City, she sang one song before a thunderstorm hit and they had to cancel the concert. Hugs!

Carla said...

You such wonderful family stories. I love the photo of her standing with the white sweater the best. She's really pretty and looks like she'd be lots of fun.