Tuesday, September 18, 2012

 we had nice drizzly rain over the weekend...
the kind that soaks in...
just what we've been needing here in Texas...
 
 
the plants and animals sure enjoyed it....
it was a true blessing...

 
today I took a little trip to the thrift store...
I found some cool VHS movies for my daughter...
for .65 each...
also found a bag of Lincoln logs for 2.00....
a cute pair of black sandals for 2.99 Gloria Vanderbelt..
In total I spent $12....my kind of fun....
 
Today my daughter and her boyfriend celebrate 1 year of dating...
they met when she was a bridesmaid at her friends wedding...
he just so happens to be the brother of her friend...
she never met him until the wedding...
they hit it off...have been dating ever since...
we are so happy that she did...he's a good guy...
 


8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

these are beautiful, deb. really nice!

Just Mags said...

Oh, I can tell your plants enjoyed that rain. We had rain like that for three days and it sure perked up things around here. Hope you get more rain soon I know you need it. Hugs

MadSnapper said...

and all the little plants raised their arms and shouted with joy and you were there to document it. beautiful shots. glad she found a good man. that is hard to do. woo hoo on the sandals

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy for your daughter, and for the rain!

Now a Disclaimer... Blogger switched me over to the NEW WAY, and I can't switch back, this time.

My blogging fun is on hold, until I learn this &^*^%$&&%% NEW Blogger! Grrrrr.....

"Auntie"

Bev said...

Love those raindrops!!

Linda said...

It WAS a lovely rain, wasn't it? Glad we were home to enjoy it!

Your heart is happier when you know your daughter's dating a good guy! That's the way I felt when Amber started dating Mike.

Dolores said...

The nice slow rain was incredible.... I loved it!!
I can almost see my plants smiling.

The dance pictures are beautiful!
Hugs,

Judy said...

Love those raindrops!!