Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mardi Gras party

Today I'm joining This or That Thursday....
We had a Mardi Gras party for my daughters birthday....
she called around looking for a Kings cake...
no one had them...
I decided to go to Kroger to see what festive cakes they had...
I was looking...looking..nothing looked like what I wanted...
one of the employees asked if they could help me...
I told her I was looking for something that looked Mardi Gras...
she said follow me....
she had baked Kings cakes that morning....
Woo hoo....



we found most of the decorations at Dollar Tree...
I love that store....

the cookies were free at Braums with purchases we made...


I love all the beads...colors...shininess....

the masks....happy faces....

my daughter made hurricane punch....
an adult only punch....

hubby made a seafood gumbo...
I made pinto beans with rice and turkey meat...
all the decorations are now packed away...
saved for the next Mardi Gras celebration...
everyone enjoyed themselves....
it was a good night...


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

mmm. gumbo. :) looks like fun. :)

Tanna said...

Sounds like a perfect celebration!! blessings ~ Tanna

MadSnapper said...

yummy, fun and beautiful. great photo of the mask, really pretty, festive table and i know it was a blast.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

I like the cake! Looks like a really fun party.

A Colorful World said...

What a fun idea for a party! We are usually partied out this time of year after four family birthdays in December and January on top of Christmas...but we could always use this theme for one of our birthdays. I LIKE it! :-) I know you all had a wonderful time!

Deb said...

I love the Mardi Gras themed party! Sounds like a blast. Gotta love those Cajuns, they really know how to party! Gumbo sounds yummy.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a fun party. When I am in Vegas with bowling we stay at the Orleans which is all Mardi Gras
themed. I googled the cake because I had never heard of it and it sounds like it's pretty good!