Saturday, August 17, 2013

feels good to have my camera in my hands...
we got a little bit of rain this week...
it sure helped the plant life around here...
 

Zinnias are sure hardy flowers...
even through hot dry weather...
a little bit of rain and they stand right back up...

it's the start of dance classes...
after a few weeks summer break...
I got to photograph the Dance Team today...
at the studio where my daughter teaches...
they were having intensive classes to get ready for a new season...
it was a little bitter sweet for me...
all my dance babies are gone...
 
but off to bigger and better things...

there is a season for everything....
the sunflowers are hanging over...
but soon they will be food for the squirrels and birds...
 

they stood so tall and proud all summer...
 

I heard a song the other day....
 
 it made me think about the movie...
Ode to Billy Joe...
made in 1976...
I loved this movie...
so I looked it up on On Demand...
sure enough it was on there...
so I had to rent it...
I've already watched it twice....
 

I can not believe...
35 years ago...we heard the news...
Elvis had died...
I still remember that day....
my cousin was visiting for the week...
 

isn't it funny how some events just stick in your head...
like it was yesterday...
I remember as a kid...people talking about when...
President Kennedy died...
they remembered where they were and what they were doing...
I didn't really understand it then...
now I do....
I found out this week...My Uncle Don...
has cancer...
he has always reminded me of John Wayne...
he is a big fan of the Duke...
to me when I was growing up...
he had the same swagger as John Wayne...
extras prayers would be appreciated...
for him and his family....
 
 

 




Enjoy the rest of your weekend....
they do seem to go by to quickly...
My Mom is cooking Sunday dinner for Hubby and I...
looking forward to the....
Chicken and dressing...
fresh green beans...corn on the cob...
mashed taters...and I hear....
peach cobbler for desert...
and spending some quality time with my Mom...


7 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i miss my moms cooking.. and her joy of life... sorry to hear about your uncle..... love love love all the dying sunflowers, they are beautiful... can't wait to see what you took at the dance practice.

TexWisGirl said...

soak up the time with your mom (and good food!) so sorry about your uncle. i do hope his strength will serve him well. :)

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings from, RW & SK

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The pictures in this post are fantastic, I love them!!! Your so good at taking photos. Keeping your uncle in my prayers. ((HUGS)) I am going to check out that movie. I know I have seen it but it has been years and I love Robbie Bensen. It was back in 1976 and it's a great song too!

Nancy said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle -- enjoy your mom time. xo

Judy said...

What do you mean, 35 years!!! Surely it was only about 10...
I love the sun coming through those sunflower petals!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your Uncle Don sweet Deb. Will have him in prayers here. Great pictures of beautiful flowers. Hugs