Thursday, August 29, 2013

Labor day has snuck up on me....
can't believe we are....
 the last official three day weekend of Summer....
I haven't even made any plans....
 

I'm hoping to get a little lake time in....
but we are going to be 100 or above this weekend...
 

This is day 5 of Paleo....
I'm noticing my allergies are doing better...
the air quality is still bad...
but I think giving up processed food...
has made a big difference...
Several year ago I gave up bread products...potatoes...
pastas...rice...
a few months ago...
I added crackers.....potatoes...pasta in my diet...
it didn't really hit me till I gave them up again...
they made me feel bad...
made my allergies start acting up again...
I guess you have to learn the hard way sometimes...
 

I'm really proud of Hotrod...
he will eat a lot of veggies...
he even ate okra today at lunch....
I sauted okra...a little left over steak..mushrooms...
and made carrot fries....
he asked for seconds on the okra and steak...
he will eat salad too...
Now I'm going to work on my son...
to eat more veggies...less processed...
DIL and I are working together on him...
she keeps lots of healthy food in their diets...
but he doesn't always eat them...
it's a process...I want all my family to be healthy...
 
 
 


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad your allergies are doing better! that's a nice 'side effect' benefit. :)

Tanna said...

Awesome! Glad you are feeling better. I need to get myself under control again. LOL!

I chuckled at the potty training story. They do come up with some funnies! blessings ~ tanna

MadSnapper said...

i love the shot of your husband in front of the water.. i like the way the light was blown out making him the focus of the photo. glad you are feeling better. i love okra and with those temps you will need the lake, IN the lake not on it.

nancygrayce said...

We stopped eating all white foods....and instead went to sweet potatos, brown rice, etc. and it made a huge difference! And sugar.....

We have no plans for Labor Day either....

Susan said...

Wonderful pictures. Wow you are stronger than I. Give up bread? Yikes!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is awesome that Hotrod loves veggies. My new diet is going well and it is full of veggies. It does have whole grain and I'm feeling really well. There is no dairy either. I've lost a few pounds and I even think my skin is looking better.
Wishing you all the best!

Judy said...

Glad the Paleo diet is working for you!!!
This year for Labour Day, I am taking it easy! And studying about the head and neck, for my test on Wednesday...
But I have done some playing with my photos, and will have another session of editing, this afternoon!!!