Monday, April 14, 2014

 
 
This is me when I was 2 years old and 4 months...
remember when we were very specific on the months...
days etc. of our age...
 

 This is me at 52 years old...24 days....
just doesn't have the same effect does it...
I was playing with my cell phone again...
of course back in the dark ages...
when I was a teen...we didn't have phones that took photos...
 
 so I decided why not...just play a little...
when I was a teenager...I wouldn't have done it...
well at least I would not have shared it with anyone...
I would have taken the photos but never had them developed..
and definitely not shared them with the world...
 
 I had the fan on so some are with my hair blowing...
you know...getting that super model effect...lol...
I only did a few touch ups to make the coloring better...
cause my cell phone doesn't do very well indoors...
 
 Saturday night was my little brothers 50th birthday party...
The theme was 1964....
 My Mom called and said she was going to dress like a hippie...
well I couldn't let her do it alone...
so I decided to get a little 1964 myself...
 
 I went to the Dollar store to buy fake lashes...
well then I saw blue eye shadow...
so had to get some...
I remember wearing it in the 70's when I was a teen...
got home..tried to put on the eye lashes...
could only get one eye to stick...so gave up...
it's hard to put on with glasses..
and can't see to put on without them...
put on the blue eye shadow...with white under my brow...
went with the black eyeliner....
 
 I had my blue big floppy hat...
with my initials on it...
a cool shawl with greens and blues...
and flat brown sandals like my Mom wore...
hers were real leather though...
mine where $6 at the Dollar Store...
she could pull off one of  those sandals...
paddle our backside...and have it back on...
before anyone knew what happened...
My brother knows this more than me...
I think he had a permanent sandal mark on his back side...
 
 My Mom and I were the only two to dress up...
well Hubby wore a Hawaiian shirt...
but that is part of his normal attire...
 
 but we sure enjoyed ourselves doing it...
I was on the phone with her...
as she was trying to decide what to wear...
I ended up going over to see what she come up with...
she looked as cute as could be...
my brother loved it...
he likes having a Mom that is different from the rest...
I love that too...as a kid...
I was shy...didn't like attention brought to me...
now...I think the more different you are...
the better...who wants to be just like everyone else...
no fun in that...
 these photos make my eyes look blue...
they are really green...a more blue green...
when I wear blue...they look blue...
when I wear green they look more green...
 
 I am really looking forward to Easter weekend...
my Hubbies family is having a family reunion...
It's going to be a lot of fun...
kids of all ages...
so Hotrod will have a blast too...

now that I've let it all hang out with the photos...
I will share a few things with you...you might not know about me...
1.  I am short...yep I admit it...4'ft 11'' with shoes
2.  I went to high school with Hubby...but we didn't know each other...I met him when I was 19...at a dance club...
he was such a gentleman and so sweet...I wrote my phone
number on his hand...after several days of not hearing from him...
I called one of his friends...telling him my BFF boy friend was
looking for Hubbies phone number...so he gave it to me...
I got up the courage to call him...well he thought I had given
him the wrong number...cause part of it had wiped off his hand...
he was happy to hear from me...we started dating...and
have been together ever since...
 
3.  My nickname in high school was Debo...had a western
belt with it engraved on it... The whole Urban Cowboy time...
 
4.  I rode a mechanical bull once when I was 16...I took my brother
and a few of his friends to a western wear store...they had the bull
there...my brother said I bet my sister will ride it...so I did...
I was sore for 2 weeks...dumb idea...
 
and finally...
 
5.  I had never been out of the state of Texas...until I was 14...
my Uncle drove me across the state line in to Oklahoma...
so I could say I had been out of Texas...
 
 

My Mom...the flower child Hippie...
 
love ya Mom!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like your spirit. your mom's too. the sandal paddling made me laugh. :)

MadSnapper said...

love the shot of hippie mom... she is always so full of joy.. my mom used a switch on my legs... i got more switching than my brother. you do not look like a grandma for sure...

Linda said...

What a fun post!!! You guys are ALWAYS having FUN!! That's one of the things I admire most about you and your family!
You are adorable with your eyeshadow and kissy face!!!

Judy said...

You sure are brave now, posting all those selfies with you making faces!!!