Tuesday, April 15, 2014

 today was quite a day...
not one I want to repeat for sure...
first thing My Mom and I had sent flowers and chocolates
to my Aunt who just came home from surgery...
well come to find out...they didn't deliver the chocolates...
I called...and they acted like...
oh well do you want us to send them?...
well YES I do or I would not have ordered and paid for them...
hmmm what would have happened if Mom hadn't
asked her sister how the chocolates were...
we would have never known...
and they would have had an extra $19.99...
 
 Second...I had defrosted some ground pork...
I had frozen it as soon as I purchased it...
I cooked it...but it had a foul odor...
so through it out...
 
 Third....I went to pick Hotrod up from school...
I left my purse and phone in the truck...
was inside maybe 3 or 4 minutes...
doors locked...purse in the floor...not in plain sight...
someone smashed my passenger side window...
took my purse...and my phone right off my charger...
 
 the lady parked next to me...
went in after me...came out before me...
she had her things in her car too...
she didn't see anyone around...
but they picked mine...
 
 who ever did it was very bold...
there were people every where...
going in and out to pick up the kiddos...
broad daylight...
 
it is also a well traveled road...
I called the police...they took a report...
had to cancel our check cards...personal and business....
cancel my phone...order a new one...$125 deductible...
now my insurance on my phone is canceled....
had to go get a new drivers license...
my inhaler was in my purse...
I am so happy that I had called in for a new one...
this morning...even though it was 1/2 full...
I was out of renewals so I had called the Dr....
for once I didn't wait till the last minute...
now the window has to be replaced...
library card gone...
pocket knife my daughter gave me gone...
tape measure gone...
for once I actually had cash in my wallet...
around $100....I never have more than a couple of dollars...
two of my favorite lipsticks gone...
a lot of aggravation...
a feeling of violation...
a lesson learned...
don't leave your purse in your car...even for a minute...
even with the doors locked...
 


7 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry about your purse. That was happening around here for a while...women's purses getting stolen while they ran in to pick up kids from school or daycare. It sounds like someone may have been watching for a while.

MadSnapper said...

love they keys and flowers.. your day was NOT a good one in any way shape or form... so sorry to hear about the purse and phone... remember the post i did about why i don't carry a purse? your story makes 5 friends that have had their purse stolen.... put your drivers license and cards in your pocket, since you need inhalers and phones, at least they would be safe.

TexWisGirl said...

i know that day cares are extremely popular places for smash and grabs. they know the 'just for a minute' routine folks have and use it to their full advantage. i'm sorry.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry for the day you had. Having a purse stolen involves so much, our lives are in them!
((HUGS))

Carol said...

Dadgumit! Losing everything in your purse plus having to repair your car! I am so sorry you have this to deal with. Once my billfold fell out of my purse into the car and when I realized it was no longer in my purse I had the same thing to do--cancel, replace cards and feel sick over the lose of money. I used to work at a library and we had smash and grabs happen, also in the middle of the day with people around. Police told us a ball bearing held between fingers, smashed against the glass and a robber can get his hand in to your purse and out with it in just seconds. SECONDS! They just moved from one car to the next and were gone with a lot of purses in minutes.

Just Mags said...

Oh, sweet Deb I am so sorry. Thieves around here are very bold and most of them steal in the daytime. I have not carried a purse in several years because they will run up and snatch it from you. Ladies have been dragged on the parking lots trying to hold on to their purse or the purse is around their neck and they were dragged until the strap broke. I had my wallet taken from my purse at the grocery store several years ago and I learned a big lesson from that.

The thieves now days are sly and work very fast.

Wishing for you a better day tomorrow sweet Deb. Hugs

Judy said...

Crummy day!! At least all the people are well!!! And you had ordered the inhaler!