Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Windy day.....

 the wind was blowing like crazy today...
I swear I saw a cow fly by the window...
(thinking of Wizard of Oz...)
Hotrod said...Papaw...we should be flying my kite...
 
 last week we flew the kite...
the string got all tangled up...and the tail broke...
we hadn't repaired it...
so Pawpaw found some string....
 
 it was a little heavier than regular kite string...
I got out some crepe paper streamers...
we added a new tail...
 the wind was very erratic...
it would really gust...
then die...then switch directions...
 
 the flying was more like a dog fight in the air....
 it made Hotrod HAPPY....
he was giving instructions to Pawpaw...
" Give it a tug Pawpaw"...
 
 it made Rooster bark...
he does not like flying objects....
his barking made Nolan bark...
who didn't have a clue what was going on...
he just knew he needed to bark...
 
 all the barking...and flying...
made Ginger go find a place a safe distance away to watch...
Hatari ran back and forth...
checking on Ginger...checking on us...
 
 Hotrod is yelling...
" pull her up Pawpaw"...
"she's diving Pawpaw"...
 
and of course I am snapping away....
I'm sure our neighbors wondered what was going on...
we spent a good hour and a half...
chasing around the kite...
restarting it...untangling it...
untangling the string...
now what better way to spend a windy afternoon....

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha. bet you and the dogs are exhausted! it was incredibly windy today!

Judy said...

And I am sure the neighbours loved the whole show, except for the barking!!! I sure would have!

MadSnapper said...

and the whole family had fun with one kite including the dogs, even Nolan got in the fun... love the photos, they look HAPPY and i like the sunspot

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is a memory you will never forget!

Angie said...

That reminds me that I need to get the kids kite out soon. My 3 year old has never flew a kite. He's going to love it. You got some great shots!

Just Mags said...

Sounds like a perfect thing to do and enjoy on a windy day. Love the pictures and you did so well telling about the kite flying adventure I could hear and see it all in my minds eye. What fun HR was having. Loved his instructions to his Paw-Paw. Hugs