Monday, March 18, 2013

 I had a awesome weekend....
the weather was beautiful...
 
 Saturday night Hubby and I went to the drag races...
we knew people that were racing....
We had a lot of fun...
when I was a kid a lot of time was spent at the race track...
I didn't enjoy it then... but now I love it...
something about the sounds...seeing the speed....
my Mom raced powder puff when I was small...
 she has always been a dare devil....

 me not so much...
but I do enjoy watching...
and of course photographing....
Hatari spent the weekend with us...
My daughter went to Oklahoma City...
to a dance convention....Her girls got 2nd place...
we are so proud of them...and our daughter...
she is doing a great job with these kiddos...
 
 Sunday I got to sleep in...
that never happens...it was great...
Hubby and I went to brunch....
came home loaded up Rooster and Hatari...
went to the River bottoms for a nice hike...
The dogs had a blast...running playing...
we walked about 3 miles...the dogs no telling how
many miles they ran...
we all came home and took a nap....
I had a nice long chat with my Mom on the phone...
Hubby and I went to dinner...listened to the juke box...
it was a fun weekend...
now it's Monday...back to reality...
My Dad and step Mom are coming tomorrow
for a birthday visit...
I'm excited to see them...
haven't seen them since Christmas...
wasn't that just a few weeks ago...
 

9 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Nice weekend!

And the Birthday is just hours away!

Early Happy Birthday!!!

Wow! Your mom raced powder puff! Whooo-hoooooo for her! I am very impressed.

"Auntie"

Jeanie said...

You were a busy girl but it all sounds like fun. My weekend was mostly kid's soccer and baseball games.

Dawn said...

What a nice weekend...and I love that first capture! Puppy dog looks happy too:)

Have a wonderful new week. Good weekends are a great way to start them....

TexWisGirl said...

not much of a racing fan but sunday sounds awesome! congrats to your daughter and her girls!

MadSnapper said...

ilove that tree Hartari is under. what a wonderful birthday week end... so happy you enjoyed all of this and now a visit to.. i would have snapped myself silly

Janie said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, Deb. Congrats to your daughter on her students' success!
Funny how dogs will run their hearts out when they get a chance. No relaxing for them.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Love the photos. The tree is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Your Sunday sounds so wonderful!

Judy said...

I love that b/w photo of Hatari!!!