Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm still playing with my black and white setting...
I like the different prospective it gives...
 
This time last year...
my Hubby was having a mini break down...
because I was turning 50....
you would have thought it was his birthday...
and he was turning 100...
by the time his birthday came in November...
he was over it...his birthday didn't phase him...
 
 I was a little worried that now that I'm turning 51...
we might have a repeat...
but thank goodness...he seems to be fine....
Men.....
 It's funny I hear so many people say...
oh I wish I was back in high school again...
not me...
don't get me wrong...I had friends...I had awesome times...
but I was so insecure back then...
worried about fitting in...
now at almost 51...I think I'm more secure with myself...
I am who I am...take me or leave me....
 
I don't know why it took me so long to get to this place...
I enjoy my family...
I enjoy being with myself alone...
I want to experience as many things as I can...
now I make plans...don't just talk about making plans...
I'm learning to say No and not feel guilty about it....
I LOVE being OMA to Hotrod...
it's the best feeling in the world...
 
 


10 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

My feelings exactly...except I'm 57. When I turned 50, it was okay, but when I turned 45, that was a bad year. I would never want to repeat that year.

RoeH said...

I totally love those photos. Fifty isn't bad. Sixty is another matter. :)

MadSnapper said...

when I married Bob, i was 40 and he was 48, now we are 68 and 76. when i turned 50 it never even registered, we were living and loving like teens and never thought about age. my mother,her sister, there mother, died at age 3 months before they turned 63. because of that every year i live past that age is a celebration... 69 is coming in Sept... and I enjoy every day. if I could turn the clock back, i would start us back at 40 and 48... but we can still ALMOST do what we did then... love the black and white pics

nancygrayce said...

I was absolutely fine when I turned 50 because my mama always told us those were the best years of her life.......of course she had a baby at 40...... And my 50's were great......now that I'm in the 6o's? We'll just have to see how they turn out. I do find I'm much more ok with myself (when I'm not having a little fit of insecurity). :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

It's all the way, it should be. Life is a progression.

We aren't fully "there," when we are young. And thus, we can appreciate many things, about advancing age. Without just looking at the aches/pains, which come along, later in life.

It's all the way it should be. It's all a progression. :-)

"Auntie"

TexWisGirl said...

good for you. :) i like the b&w too.

Susan said...

Amen sista!!!!! Love the photos!

Janie said...

Beautiful B&W's. I agree that I'd never want to be back in high school. Life is so much richer now, and I know a lot more about who I am and what's important in life.
I'm past sixty, and just fine with that.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love B&W photos. Love the dandelion. I don't want to go back but I wish I would have appreciated those years more and taken better care of my body!

Judy said...

So glad that you are happy being you!!! Too bad it takes so long to get to that stage in life...