Wednesday, March 20, 2013

 I'm still playing with black and white...
I like taking black and whites photos...
instead of taking color and draining the color out...
 
 My Mom took me...Hotrod and my daughter to lunch
today at the Olive Garden for my birthday...
Thank you Mom...
she said I was a cheap date...
I told her that is why Hubby married me...
I'm a cheap date...LOL...
 thought I would share  a few more of my racetrack photos...
this car belongs to a guy we went to school with...
he just got it recently...
we've decided we need to take Hotrod to the races...
he loves cars...he knows the makes of cars...
by looking at them...you tell him once...he remembers...
these races aren't real loud like the "Big Boys" as the old timers
call them...these are mainly street cars souped up....
I'll try not to bore you with any more details...
I'm sure some of you are ready to click out...
The first day of Spring...and I've started sneezing a bit...
had the yard men come yesterday...
the weeds had taken over...it looks so much nicer now...
I used to do all my own yard work...would spend
every weekend and some evenings in the yard...
now I would rather spend my free time doing other things...
I'm getting excited to plant my veggie garden...
but I am waiting till after Easter...
I don't want a frost to get my plants...
My Dad has planted some in his garden...
he said if it gets killed by the frost...he will just plant again...


10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i know some folks are starting seedlings, etc., but inside or in greenhouses. i can never get used to texas' gardening season.

Leave It To Davis said...

I just posted about going to the drag strip race tracks in Little River yesterday....titled "When I Was a Little Girl"....I loved going and watching my dad in his '56 or '57 Chevy...we drove by the drag strip Monday for the first time since I was little. It looked the same and brought tears to my eyes. You definitely should take Hotrod! He will remember forever.

nancygrayce said...

I know HotRod loved the races a, what fun!

I worked a teeny bit in my yard the one day this week it was warm. Then after a stormy day, you couldn't tell I did a thing! I'm getting way too old for yard work!

MadSnapper said...

i am glad you posted the color and the black and white in the first two shots, the color is beautiful, the black and white makes it look artistic...good idea on HR and the drag races, bet he will love it and get addicted to it. your mother would like me better, when i get to choose where to eat my birthday it is Wendy's burger/fries/frosty... a really cheap date.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Your black and white photo is marvelous!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!

So nice to have your Birthday celebration, stretch out. :-)

Oh I bet HotRod would have a huge fun time! -gigggles- Then watch him race his little cars, the next week. :-) Varooooom... Varoooom...

"Auntie"

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do love black and white photos. I haven't figured out how to set that on my canon rebel but I do it in my point and shoot often. I had veggies in pots last year and my husband said he doesn't want to do that again this year. I don't know why but I'm going to at least pick up a tomato plant!
The races sound like fun.

Kathy said...

Hmmm. I like both versions, the B&W and the color. I'm glad I don't have to decide!

Susan said...

Like your Dad's attitude!

Judy said...

Taking b/w photos is so different from taking colour! Good luck with it!!
Husband brought home the cold from hell, so this is my first day trying to speak English again...

A Colorful World said...

Nice to catch up with you! I bet you are glad you waited to plant!