Friday, March 15, 2013

 the wildflowers are starting to bloom...
I saw a few blue bonnets when we were on our road trip....
but there was only a few...
and hubby was driving too fast to capture them...
soon though...really soon...
 spring is in the air...
sneezes included...
the birds are chirping...the squirrels are busy...
flowers are popping up...
 
 
 we are going to the drag races this weekend...
we have friends that are racing...
I'm excited to get some photos...
 
I have the windows open today...
letting the breeze blow in...
airing out the winter smells...
I'm starting to feel a spring in my step..
with the arrival of spring...
I'm getting my raised beds ready to plant...
we are rethinking our garden plan...
not as many pepper plants...
not as many okra plants...
I have a big barrel that I'm going to let Hotrod
plant his own garden in...
he wants strawberries...
we did get a few last year...
hopefully this year will do better...


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my window is open, too. and my sneezer is working, too. :)

like that bridge.

MadSnapper said...

my windows are closed because of the sneezer thing.. it is beautiful, and the house is a little cool, our high was bright sun and 72 degrees which is perfect. love the bridge shot... woo hoo on the drag racing.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

How lovely... Wildflowers blooming and open windows. :-)

Must get my locally grown honey, at the winter Farmers Market on Sat. And start having a spoonfull a day. It may have helped my allergies, last year.

And it certainly tastes good.

:-)

Have you ever tried daily consumption of local honey, for the sneezes and etc.?

"Auntie"

Michelle said...

So wonderful to see your wildflowers and sunshine!

Leave It To Davis said...

You're such a good grandma to let Hotrod have his own garden. You have a lot of patience, and I'd be willing to bet you will be on the list of women who most influenced his life someday. :)

Judy said...

I am hoping to have fewer weeds this year, but that is about the best I can do...

Carla said...

Saw some bluebonnets as I drove up to College Station. A few patches around some side roads close to home. I want to catch some pictures but I haven't had time. Hopefully they'll still be blooming strong on 4/11.

Hope your friends did well at the drag races.