Monday, March 18, 2013

 I have been super busy with my camera....
taking lots of photos...
but coming up with something interesting to talk about...
another story...
 
 we are planning our Easter...
we always invite the family over for a meal...this
year I wanted to do something different...
we are going to rent a cabin for the family
at a lake...
 
 It's time to get Hotrod started camping...
and learning to fish....
 
I'm really excited...
Hubby is already talking about the fishing...
planning to cook steaks for everyone that Saturday night...
I think it's time to start  new family traditions...
I love having everyone over...but it will be
so much more fun getting away....
Do you like to start new family traditions?
or are you one that likes to keep things the same?
 


9 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

We have some traditions much like my mom had for our family...the Christmas tree, turkey dinner on Thanksgiving....but she also used to take us to our grandmothers ever Sunday and I work on the weekends, so even though we did that for a while, it ended and now my kids don't go visit her the way I visited my grandmothers. Sad that women ever started working...takes so much away from family life!

Linda P said...

Camping with the family sounds like a good way of spending time together.
We don't go camping ourselves, although I'm pleased that the younger members of the family do and also enjoy fishing. Our holiday tradition is to try and all get together as a family, especially around about my husband's birthday in August when he likes to host a bar-b-q party. It's even better if we are over in Italy and everyone can be there!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hey there! Today is March 19! Big Day for our LadyBug!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear One!!!!

Hugs,
"Auntie"

MadSnapper said...

the cabin sounds wonderful to me, not the fishing, but the snapping would be fun.... cabin is the only way i would camp, not tents involved with sleeping on the ground. i think it is a great idea to come up with new family traditions..

TexWisGirl said...

sound like fun to do something different. :)

Diana LaMarre said...

I know what you mean about finding something interesting to write about---hence my lack of posts! :)

I think camping sounds like fun and certainly something different to do for Easter. I hope you start some wonderful new traditions!

RoeH said...

You can have any kind of a wonderful time at a cabin in the woods. I just wish I was related. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the ladybug! I don't think there is anything wrong with starting a new tradition but I don't like giving up a tradition that has been around for a long time.

Judy said...

The holidays are so different now that my Mom is too old to do all the cooking. is it just me, or does it taste different at someone else's house?