Sunday, March 3, 2013

Irish Festival

Hubby and I went to the Irish Festival...
at Fair Park...
the sun was shining....
the music was flowing....
 
 
 bright colors....
costumes....
an Irish jig here and there...
 
 lots and lots of dogs....
we didn't take Rooster with us...
he's not quite well mannered enough on his leash yet...
he's has a bit of a "Super Star" complex....
 

 we even ran into a few different pets...
this guy was using his snake and lizard to draw in customers...
it worked like a charm...
an Irish charm I guess...
 
lot's of artists creations....
is this cute or what...
 

I'm not sure who was more dressed up....
the dog...or the man...
both were enjoying the good Irish music...
 
 
I love to hear a fiddle....
this old fellow found a nice place to hide out....
he was enjoying the music too...
not a bit nervous...
I don't think this was his first trip....
there were lots of hairy legs showing....
It was a fun day....
of course there will be more photos to come....
Yes Auntie...I did get a little taste of Meade...
 
 


10 comments:

Rian said...

Deb, thanks for the pictures of the Irish Festival. We used to go all the time, but haven't been in years. I love the music and do they still have the Irish Wolfhounds?

I love the sound of a fiddle too.. whether it be Irish music or Cajun.

MadSnapper said...

i was about to say my favorites are the dogs, but then i got to the butt shots and that is my favorite. these are really cool and i like that sometimes i laugh so hard the tears run down my legs.

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a good time with folks not afraid to let their character(s) out. :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

so much fun!!!!

Wish we had events like this, around these parts. Well, they probably do, but we just don't travel much.

Did you like the Mead?????????? :-)

Lots of hairy legs. Cool. I'd have enjoyed that part toooooooo. lol.

"nutty Nana"

Unknown said...

The Irish Festival looks like it was a lot of fun. I need to see if there is gonna be one close to our area this month. Thanks for sharing! :)

Linda said...

Louis Dean and I went once a couple of years ago! We met the writer, Frank Delaney, and I just now finished reading his latest book 'Ireland.' We had SO much fun and hope to go again next year when we are back home. Loved seeing it through the lens of your camera!

Linda said...

And the MEADE!!! Tell us about that!

RoeH said...

I'd loved to have gone to that. In fact, I want to move to Ireland. And now would be great. :)

Leave It To Davis said...

Oh, I wish I had been there to buy some of those portraits!! Those are fantastic!

A Colorful World said...

The perfect time of year for it! Looks like wonderful fun!