Wednesday, January 1, 2014

 2013 ended nicely....
Hubby...my Mom...and I...
went to my daughters...
her and J cooked dinner for us...
Spaghetti with meat and sauce....regular noodles for them...
Spaghetti squash for me....
salad...chips and dips...
veggies....fruit tray....
J's sister (who is also my daughters friend) and BIL
came too....the baby is due in about 6 weeks....
so excited to meet the sweet little boy....
 
 Hubby was in his element...
new people to hear his stories....
we laughed...talked...ate....
rang in the new year....
 my guys had to work today....
I was off...
I had a date with my camera....
I went to a local park...
 
 went to a couple of spots a friend told me about....
he has been seeing the Canadian geese...
they wouldn't let me get too close...
had to use my long lens....
 then I decided to head to the State Park....
the lake.....
 the first place I pulled in....
I saw this guy....
the birds were busy today....
we were in the 60's....
 there were lot's of folks out at the lake...
soaking up a little sun and warmth....
cause tomorrow...it drops again....
coldest winter we have had in quite a while....
 I enjoyed my time at the lake....
I've learned being alone...isn't lonely....
sometimes it is good to have a little alone time....
 
Hubby called me when he got home...
I headed in....
then we went out to dinner....
back home to get some rest...
cause even though it's going to be Thursday tomorrow...
it feels like it is another Monday....
January 1, 2014 a good day.....
 


5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i just saw on the news you will be wind chill of 19 today. yikes. glad to see you had a sunny time for a while.... how do you cook spagetti squash

TexWisGirl said...

it was a pretty day yesterday, although windy. the canada geese are cool!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you had a nice New Years Eve with family. Love the photos and especially like the geese.

Susan said...

I need a day like yours. Happy New Years!

Judy said...

You have so many birds there now! Hiding from the -35 with the wind chill we are having here...
You are learning to value alone time, while I have to learn to spend more time with people!