Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday

My Lilly is blooming....the date is wrong...
don't know what happened couldn't get rid of it...
all photos were taken yesterday

My bucket is really filling out...

loaded up my Mom's tables and chairs we borrowed
for rehearsal dinner...finally the weather and our
schedules worked out....


after dropping off furniture...
off to Lowes....



grabbed a cart....



she bought this lattice work...
made out of heavy duty plastic...
should last a long time....

off to the garden center for soil...
those bags are heavy.....


after we left Lowe's went to our favorite garden center
Chambers Nursery....isn't this unusual...
click on the photo to enlarge for closer look

pretty blue...



pretty pink.....



my Mom got one of these for her trelis




I guess I was drawn to pink flowers...



This is my Mom's Lambs ear....
I just love this plant....


This is her Aloe Vera.... it has gone crazy...


I just love her little bench under the tree...
so peaceful....


We had planned on doing all this on Saturday...
but it rained all day....I mean it rained and rained...
not a hard rain....just a steady rain.... until atleast
6:00pm...so instead we did it all on Sunday...
which turned out to be a really nice day....the sun was out...
not too hot.....we had a good afternoon....
I came hope and started pulling weeds....this rain and the
birds have caused havoc with my flower beds....
hopefully will get them caught up soon...
I cooked a Taco dinner lastnight...
one of my daughters friends came over...
she is a hairstylist...she did my daughters hair...
then stayed for dinner...really enjoyed having the
girls here....then we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
I never saw the first one...but enjoyed this one..
my daughter has the DVD of the 1st one so will
have to watch it soon....I had a nice girls day on Sunday...
my husband came in around 9 and got to enjoy him too...he
brought me home a park bench someone was throwing out..
it needs the boards replaced...which he has...and a little work..
can't wait to get it refurbished...will post photos soon...
Hope everyone has a good Monday....
it is sunny here today....Yeah...but I can hear the grass growing...
and the weeds are laughing at me...hopefully after work will
be able to pull more of them and get the last laugh....LOL

11 comments:

Poppy said...

wow lovely piccy's the lily is gorgeous.
poppy

deedee said...

My husband bought me a park bench at a yard sale, too. I'll post mine too. It's broken but I can set plants on it :) And my cat can nap and it too.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the persian sheild, that's one plant that makes me crazy 'cause I can't find the right place for it. The chest wall inflammation? Just happens in older chicks sometimes that work to hard, the pulled muscle made it a little more painful.

Tracey said...

I love Lamb's ear too...it is so soft!
Can't wait to see your bench and I hope you got the last laugh on the weeds!
Tracey

Loretta said...

Hi Deb,
Love the lattice mom bought. Where is she going to put it or is it a secret until she posts about it:) We put lattice around the bottom of our picket fence to keep the rabbits out. They were coming through the fence and devouring my flowers every night. We actually had to put it 8" into the ground too cause the little rascals dig under the fence too. I am drawn to pink flowers too. I've never seen Persian Shield. Beautiful foliage. Tonight we're supposed to get a hard frost so all of my hanging plants are sleeping safely in my garage. Then it's supposed to be 85 by the end of the week! Crazy! Have a good night. Hugs, Loretta

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for sharing your day! Your plants look great. Can't wait to see where they settle in.

It's been raining here for the past 10 days or so and we finally got some sun today. But the weeds will have to wait til next spring.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Beautiful plants, you sound like your quite busy. Cute little bench too,. Cindy

Susie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Deb! I like the idea of that trellis being plastic. The wood just doesn't last long enough.

Joy said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for your visit to mine. I recognize that little rearend up there on the right (schnauzer) Libby's looks just like it.
Very cute.
You've got lots of projects to keep you busy it looks like. The weather this week is beautiful, so I plan on working in my flowerbeds too. I got some new plants over the weekend as well.
We're north of Houston.

Joy

Janie said...

You found lots of beautiful flowers for your garden. I can hear the weeds laughing around here, too. So much to do, and so little time...

Kat said...

I had every intention of getting out in the yard Saturday, rained all day here too. So that was the sound I was hearing - laughing weeds! Sunday would have been perfect for yard work, but we had other committments. I'm afraid that by the time we get to it, we won't be able to walk through the back yard lol. Have a great week. Kathy