Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday reflections......................

Do you ever get the feeling you are being watched...
I looked up and this little guy was watching me...

I think this dill is on steroids...

My bucket of jew is growing and blooming


this a different few from my stump garden...
the dogs like to eat the leaves that come out...



I know they are weeds but I have always loved them...




my glads are getting tall this year...
can't wait for them to bloom....





My niece went to her Jr. Prom on Saturday...
aren't their flowers pretty.....
I had a nice weekend...even though we had all the rain
and thunderstorms...nice time out with my husband on Friday...
got to go to the movies on Sunday with my best friend from
high school, her daughter, her son's girlfriend, my daughter and
my daughter in law...we went to see the new Matthew McConaughey Movie
It was so good.....you laugh....you cry.....you laugh....
we really enjoyed it.....and I was very good...I sliced up and apple
and took it with me...and a bottle water....my daughter said she thinks
I am the first person ever to sneak an apple into a theater....hamburgers...
candy...maybe but health food...not...
well I have lost 20 lbs. ....with more to go and I am changing
my eating habits...I'm finding I can do well if I just plan
everything out....I'm learning portion control....
do you have tricks you use to stay eating
healthy in this food obsessed world??????
Love ya,
Deb







13 comments:

Susie said...

That's some of the tallest dill I have ever seen. Do you have any caterpillars on it? The swallowtails like it a lot.

SILVER said...

your garden is as usual- it's just great. No matter in what shape. We love them. They are nature, a gift from God.

And i'm glad to hear you had enjoyed your weekend and had so much fun, dear!

hugs enclosed-
Silver

Unknown said...

My dill plant needs some steroids!

Deb said...

Susie,

No caterpillars yet...been watching for them...my Mom lost all her dill last year to great big caterpillars...turned into beautiful butterflies

deedee said...

Had I known the wandering jew was a plant AND it gets flowers I wouldn't have thrown it away :( I love that dill plant!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Deb,

Good for you bring the apple! Today I decided enough is enough and pulled out my WW books and made a grocery list of good foods and low point treats. Time for me to start lossing again!

We need the rain so I hope we get some. Seems we all have had some crazy weather!

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on the rain right this very minute. Should be here soon(minus lighting I hope).
Everything looks beautiful, but especially the prom flowers!
Congratulations on the weight loss.

Have a great day.
Pam

Sue said...

Hi Deb,
Enjoyed reding of your week-end, sounds like fun. Let me encourage to stay on course with your healthy lifestyle and it looks like you are too. Great job!!
I have done okay, but am right back on target today.
I have just planted my dill, yours sure are tall! There were a lot of proms around here this past week-end. Ahh memories!Thanks for sharing,
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Deb. Way to go! 20 lbs.. That's awesome! Are you exercising to? All of your pictures are lovely. The prom flowers are so pretty. I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

Carol said...

Nice flowers...I didn't realize glads came up so soon...love that dill...

Unknown said...

Your flowers are looking great and can you send me some dill. I need some.

Cynthia

xinex said...

Good for you for losing weight. I wish I could too. Your dill looks like my parsely and cilantro, lol, so many tall flowers. Your garden is beautiful!...Christine

Tracey said...

Hi Deb,
Is the dill easy to grow?
Way to go on the 20 pounds lost....I know how hard it is! Keep up the good work :)
Tracey