Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mothers Day Mom


This is my Mom


Uncle D, Nana, Uncle R, Mom holding me




Aunt A , Nana, Mom, Uncle R holding me





Uncle D, Nana, Mom, Uncle R holding me




My Mom was 15 when she had me....


just a baby herself...we grew up together...
when I was in elementary school she drove a
red 1965 Mustang....souped up....I was so
embarrassed when she came to pick me up....
I just wanted her to drive a station wagon like
all the other Mom's....(How I wish we had that Mustang now)
My Mom was at least 10 years younger than all the other Moms
she sewed all my school clothes when I was young...
I remember going to the fabric store before school started...
it seemed like we were there for ever and ever....
I just wanted store bought clothes......well then she went
back to work full time and didn't get to sew often...
then I wished she would make my clothes....
when she didn't work she would take us on
adventures to the zoo...the park...art museums..
she let us have tons of animals....dogs, rabbits..
birds...ducks...fish...gerbils...you name it we had...she didn't get to
volunteer at school...but she did make our saturday
trips to the laundry mat fun...we got a quarter for candy...
and that would last all week...and we got to go out
for lunch...Burger King was the favorite...or Pizza Hut
for the buffett......




Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!



Hope your day is wonderful



Love ya!



Deb


If you get a chance go by and say Hi to my Mom

6 comments:

Loretta said...

Awwww Deb you were so cute in those pictures and your mom is just beautiful. I want to wish you the happiest Mother's Day! May it be filled with joy and love! Blessings my friend! Hugs, Loretta

Sue said...

Hi Deb,
I wish I had that red Mustang, this was such a fun post and also a beautiful tribute to your Mother whom I have got to know through her blog!!! I want to wish you a very blessed and Happy Mother's Day! I have already wished your Mother one.
Blessings,
Sue

deedee said...

and Happy Mother Day to you, too!

Judanna said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful tribute you gave me. I know I must have embarrased you and and your brother from time to time as you were growing up. I guess It was just the Tom Sawyer or Clammity Jane in me. We did have some wonderful adventures together and It was fun being your mother and still is. I had a most wonderful Mother's day weekend just digging in the dirt and renewing an area behind the garage.
Hard work for this ole lady, but sure was fun.

Judanna said...

Where was the picture of the red baarn taken? Sure would love to have it in my back yard. Beautiful........

Chandy said...

Such a great post about your mom!