Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday re-cap of my wordless wednesday....

Today I was visiting a blog and she was explaining her wordless Wednesday post...
what a great idea...you can come back on Thursday and say all you want
about you Wordless post....so here goes...

Yes it is a 5 generation photo.... And we are all girls.....

My great grandmother lived to be 99 she was one week from her 100th
birthday when she passed away....she came to Texas in a covered wagon

My Nana was 92 when she passed away...she was widowed when her youngest was just
a baby and raised her kids on her own.... 7 out of 8 were still at home...she moved them from
the farm in East Texas to the DFW area....her 1st grandchild is older than her youngest son..
She was my ladybug....that is where I got my name....Deb's Ladybug Texas....

So now you know what I couldn't say yesterday....

9 comments:

deedee said...

Wonderful history in your family - do you do geneology?

Deb said...

Deedee,

My Aunt has done a lot of research on our family...My husband and I are going to look into more of his family history...we have found some

Susie said...

Thanks for the update Deb!

Loretta said...

You certainly have longevity in your genes! What a nice picture of 5 generations! Hugs, Loretta

Kay said...

Very interesting family info. You come from good genes when they live that long. I'm in the middle of doing my family tree (both sides) right now and it's really fun.

Kay

Tracey said...

Wow! 5 generations, that's wonderful!
Tracey

Janie said...

Great photo of 5 generations, and I loved getting the explanation. How nice to treasure every part of the family.

xinex said...

Wonderful story and wow! You have good genes!...Christine

Dixie said...

I think this is a great idea...
blessings. Dixie