Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend recap

This was a barn on the other side of the lake...
I wish my camera had a better zoom....
it was so interesting...we got the binoculars out
and looked at it....thought it would make a great painting...
click on it to enlarge... had a nice Sunday....my daughter was
off today so we got to spend the day with her...
went for a nice dinner at our new favorite restaurant...
the Flying fish...went to a different location this time...
but the food was just as good... yesterday I got
a new tool....a electric weed eater...
I'm so happy...now I can do my own weed eating..
went to a friends 50th
birthday party last night...hadn't seen his daughter in
several years...she has a brand new baby boy...
and I got to hold him and snuggle and cuddle...
then give him back...my husband got to throw washers...
a great past time men here in Texas love....
stopped on the way home to eat....went to an IHOP...
at 11:45pm and it was packed....couldn't believe how many people
were out to eat that time of night....Summer is here.....
Friday night we went to where my daughter works
and sat on the patio...enjoyed some people watching....
I've had a nice weekend...think my batteries are recharged...
to start a new week....Hope you are too...

5 comments:

Janie said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend with lots of visiting. Holding the baby sounds like fun.
That is an interesting barn.

Loretta said...

Okay I have to ask. What is throwing washers? You do your own lawn? You are so good! I know what you mean about people being out so late eating at IHOP. We drove to Florida a few years ago and we love driving during the night and then watching the sun rise. One thing we noticed is that there is a whole other world out there at night. We are early to bed and early to rise kind of people so we were shocked to see all the traffic on the highway at 2 or 3 AM. People all dressed up either going somewhere or coming home from somewhere. Amazing. Have a great day! Hugs, Loretta

Maria said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend, Deb! It sounds sooo relaxing!
Have a nice week!

deedee said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed. Are throwing washers like horsehoes?

Cuddling babies. Did you breathe in deep of the baby smell? bliss!

~Lisa