Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday News.....

My BFF's daughter became engaged this past weekend...
her finance is a military man home on leave from Iraq..
he leaves today to go back...please keep him
and the other soldiers
at the top of your prayer list.....
Morning glories will grab ahold of anything....


My Cannas have really taken off...
this little begonia is left from last fall....

Monkey grass growing like crazy...
having to transplant...



one of my Mums from last fall...
it has come back even prettier





Cannas mixed with Iris'











not a breeze blowing...
poor little frogs are bored....
they have had quite a workout lately...
I'm so excited Kris Allen won Idol...
I was really surprised...as he was....
I think Adam did a great job also...
but I let out a scream when they announced Kris...
it scared my poor dogs have to death...
they thought their Momma had lost her mind....
I didn't get to watch all of the show...
but the last 3o minutes was really great...
What did you think of the Idol results?????
I'm still open for questions....if you would like to ask
me a question feel free to e-mail or leave in a comment...
when I get several I will answer them in a post..
A while ago I posted a poem Blue Skies that I found on the Internet...
I got a e-mail from the Author...wondering where I found it...
This is what Adelaide had to say:
it was in a book on teaching phonics to be used in elementary schools.
I write other poetry, mostly haiku and other Japanese poetic forms,
such as tanka and haibun. My blog is: www.adelaide-whitepetals.blogspot.com
You may enjoy reading it.
So if you get a chance go by and visit and tell em I sent you...








14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your BBF daugter, beautiful ring! Your flowers are looking great, you know about pinching the mums right?

Kat said...

Congrats to the lucky couple, and what a gorgeous ring! Your flowers are looking lovely Deb. And I was thrilled about the Idol results, I let out a hoot and holler that you probably heard at your house! Kathy

Poppy said...

congratulations to your daughter, love the frogs. great pictures.
poppy

deedee said...

I have a son-in-law that has been in Iraq 5 years. I include everyone when I pray for him :)Congrats to BFF's daughter! I was hoping Kris would win. My hubby and I thought that everyone that had voted for Danny would vote for Kris. Adam is talented and I'm sure will have no problem having a career as a musician. My hubby's family lives in Arkansas. Kris Allen is a hometown boy to us.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Many congratulations to your daughter and her fiance. I will certainly send up a prayer that all serving men and women return safely to their homes.

Lovely flowers. A x

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Congrats to your BFF daughter. I will be keeping her fiance in prayer as with all our soldiers everywhere.
Love your plants. Wish I had some planted.

Hugs :)

Irma

T said...

You have such a lovely garden.

Prayers will be sent!

Terry said...

Hi Sweetie
I have an award for you
over at my place.
If you get a chance drop on by !
Blessings to you for a wonderful
weekend.
Happy Trails.

Unknown said...

I saw on Tracy's blog that you had lost weight!!! Congrats to you and your flowers look awesome.

Cynthia

Silver said...

Hi lady!

Congrats, Deb!

Prayer request noted..

love,
~Silver

Loretta said...

Congratulations to your BFF's daughter. What a lovely ring. Ahh yes, to be young again and just starting out. Your plants are all doing so well. My iris are not blooming. I think the bloom time here is late June but the plants look like they are dying back. I planted them last fall as bulbs along with my tulips which came up beautifully. Oh well, maybe I will plant some already in bloom and see if they come back. I'm hoping they'll surprise me and start growing again. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Loretta

Chandy said...

Gorgeous plants! And your mums look great. Congratulations to your BFF's daughter and her fiancee.

Joy said...

I have never tried to grow Canna's I'm wanting to now. I went to a new friend of mine's house and she let me dig up a bunch of her Mexican petunias. She has lots of cannas too. Starting to bloom so pretty. My mums are blooming again too.
The ring is beautiful. I wish them much happiness and forver, beautiful marriage.

Joy

Girl Tornado said...

Congrats to your BFFs daughter, her ring is gorgeous. :)

I just planted some morning glories last week, they are already bursting thru the soil! I need to get some string or something up, so they have somewhere to go. I put them at the corner of the old garage, to brighten it up.