Monday, April 8, 2013

Birthday weekend

My great Aunt Maudies 87th birthday celebration...
she had a house full of people that love her...
and too many  to count that could not make it...
she is full of joy...love and laughter...
with her twin girls and son in law....
My Aunt Dottie...the birthday girl...my Mom...and Me...
Sunday we had birthday dinner for my Daughter in law...

the birthday girl and me...

 the birthday girl and Nanny...
 
 
my girls...
my daughter had been to a wedding before our dinner...
the birthday girl loves red velvet cake...
I had wanted to bake her one...
but the time slipped away....
so I had to buy one ready made...
I just put it on my cake stand...
made it look all homemade...
It was a good weekend....
I didn't get to go fishing...but I did get plenty of family time...
hope to get by to visit everyone soon and catch up...
 
 
 


14 comments:

Bev said...

WOW what a busy weekend!! Bet you had your cake fill!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like two wonderful celebrations! Aunt Maudies looks wonderful. Love all the pictures.

nancygrayce said...

Awwwww....it's so wonderful I see someone her age up and about and doing so well!!! Happy birthday to both birthday girls!

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a lot of laughs were shared. hugs, too. :)

Judy said...

That is likely enough birthdays to keep you going for a while!! Everyone looks so happy!

Jeanie said...

How great to get so many generations of family together for special celebrations.

Janie said...

You're the shortest in that generational picture, Deb. Reminds me of how I'm the shortest among my siblings. Don't know why I just didn't grow!
What fun to have so much to celebrate. And the red velvet cake looks delicious. We recently had red velvet cupcakes for my grandson's first birthday. He loved it, but the cleanup was a mess!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthdays all around!!!

Sarah said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Linda said...

What a wonderful post. Your great aunt looks like a lovely lady.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl! Tell your mom she looks fabulous! Tonight was a fun night at our house, too - my older daughter is 34 today. Had a party yesterday AND today. Birthday season for us, eh?

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Wonderful family weekend!

And it's so nice to see your daughter-in-law, all *gusssssied-up*!!! -grin- I can just imagine her reaction to that statement. lol.

Well, it issssssssssssss nice! Mommies can get *gussied-up* too. :-))))))))

MadSnapper said...

well i think family trumps fishing, and I KNOW red velvet cake trumps fishing. LOL i like the photos of the four and the one of your girls. these are all really great family shots.

Carla said...

Your Aunt looked to be full of life and joy and not 87. Looks like she had a great birthday.

Happy Birthday to your Aunt and D I L