Saturday, April 13, 2013

Where oh where did the ladybug from Texas go now????

 I bet you know now....
Thursday night was opening night....
of Lone Star Park...
horse racing....
 Elvis was there performing....
 there were swooning women every where....
mostly in the 50 plus crowd...
but when they looked at him...
you could see the 16 year old girls in their faces...
they were dancing...clapping...whooping and hollering...
I don't know which I enjoyed more...
seeing him perform...or seeing the women watch him perform...
I recognized some of the ladies from the last time I saw him there...
I'm thinking he might have a pack of groupies....
 In between watching the Elvis show...
I got to see some good horse racing...
I'm not a gambler...I love to watch them run...
hubby enjoys placing bets...
he also bets on other tracks too...
he asked me what horse I liked in the 6th race on another track...
I told him #3...he decided to go with another horse...
guess who's horse won????
yep #3...his didn't even place...
 the next race hubby decided to go with my pick...
guess who won....yep my #3 pick....
the next race on a different track...
I picked #3....guess who won....yep...my horse...
the next race was a Lone Star Park race...
I went to the paddock...looked at the horses...
their was a pretty spirited gray horse....#7...
I told hubby that is the one....
he didn't think so...but guess who won....
yep.....my #7....
I picked 4 out of 6 races....
LUCK...just plain LUCK...
we ended the evening watching Elvis' last set....
the weather was nice...
everyone was excited to see live racing again...
it was a fun night...
Friday morning I was dragging...
but it was well worth it...

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you were on a roll! elvis and his groupies made me smile.

Judy said...

I might not swoon about Elvis, but I sure would sing along!!!
Looks like you had a fun evening!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that sounds like fun. I enjoy going to the horse races with my dad. I bet but only $2. each race and just pick a name I like!

Linda said...

What great pics!! Looks like a lot of fun. I have NEVER been to a horse track. Maybe I'll put that on my bucket list!

MadSnapper said...

I like the second photo up from bottom, the big screen with the horses running. that is cool you can see all of it not just what is in front of you....so i am thinking you must IRISH with all that LUCK

Carla said...

Call me next time you go to the races! LOL I'll let you pick the horses and I'll bet some pennies.