Thursday, April 25, 2013

there is something so relaxing about reflections in water....
but why do the reflections in the mirror cause so many problems???
 

Hubby called me to the computer...look at this he said...
it was plastic surgery and botax gone bad....
these people were all attractive folks...
but they felt the need to change...
and they ended up looking scary....
 

isn't it funny (strange) how we view ourselves so
differently than others do....
how we look at ourselves and pick out all the flaws...
 

but others look at us and see the beauty...
I admit I battle with my mirror all the time...
I've tried something new though...
I try to look at the good in myself...not the flaws..
(that scream at me when I look in the mirror)
it is amazing how much better you view yourself...
if you go in with a good attitude...
try looking in the mirror...
tell yourself...
you are beautiful...you are special....
your family loves you....
don't let the self doubt creep in...
before you know it...
you feel good...
and when you feel good...
people around you notice it....
when I look at old friends from younger days..
I still see those young faces looking back at me...
sure they might have wrinkles...
receding hair lines...
put on weight...
but in my eyes...
they are still those young happy face kids from my past...
I had a friend tell me you look the same as you did in high school...
but I look so old....
I thought it was funny...I thought they looked the same as high school...and I looked so old...
as they say...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
we should all keep beauty in our eyes...
for ourselves too....
say it with me...
I am beautiful....I am special...my family loves me...
Happy 4th Anniversary...
To my Handsome son and Beautiful daughter in law...
 
 


5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

it is so true - we find our flaws instead of our beauty. and when someone compliments us, we are so quick to deflect it like we don't deserve it.

MadSnapper said...

ditto what theresa said. i have never been able to accept a compliment because i don't see what they see. something i need to work on. i have seen the botox disaster photos and i think wrinkles make our faces personable to only us. and i have seen people with face surgery that look so fake they might break. it takes away our personality. great post

Jeanie said...

I have to admit that I sometimes don't like the aging I see when I look in the mirror, but, you know, I can't think of anyone I would like more if their nose were smaller or the lines in their face were removed or their crows feet smoothed out.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Anniversary to your daughter and son in law!

It's not easy to look in the mirror. I was just telling my brother last week that when you feel good about yourself others notice it. That night he went out and had a great time. There is a wonderful video from Dove that you would enjoy watching.
Okay, I just emailed it to you....it will say debby1ful

Judy said...

Beautiful reflections!!!