Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day April 22nd

Earth day started in 1970...
It was started by Gaylord Nelson....
 then a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin...
 


I remember when it started...
I was 8 years old....
it has become much bigger over the years...
 

with all that is going on the world...
I think it is nice to stop...
take a moment to appreciate the place where we live...
Earth...
when live stresses me out...
nature is my cure...
the great out doors...
plants...animals....the call of the wild...
something about being out on the lake...river...
a field...my yard...just brings me peace...
gives me a new outlook on life....
while on our weekend away...
I saw lots of families...
enjoying the outdoors...
I think that is one of the greatest gifts you can give a child...
The love of the earth....the great outdoors...animals....
 


6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

something as simple as a pile of dirt and a shovel... :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

love the birdies-in-nest pic!!!!!! :-))))))))))))

MadSnapper said...

sweet birds and i like that fish.. i agree nature is The Best and our earth is shrinking fast and becoming one big paved place.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

yes, i'm back.... to leave my below message...

Have you read my today-post yet? You might want to hurry, in case it "goes poof".... -sigh- "Auntie"

Judy said...

I love that first image, so peaceful with the mist rising from the water!!!
And the nest of little birds - they will be gone soon...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I was 19 at the time! Nature is a wonderful cure for stress. After going to Mammoth Lakes for some 20 years now my husband wants to stop and do something else. I say no each time....I love my week with nature!
Great pictures Deb.