Monday, April 15, 2013

 I know living on a farm is hard work...
long hours....
but.....
 sometimes I dream....
day dream....fantasize...
about living in the country...
on a farm....
 without all the distractions of city life....
no phones...no TV......no traffic....

a hard days work....
grow my own food....
have farm animals....
big fields of veggies and fruits...
a pond for fishing and swimming....
a house with a porch all the way around it....
a porch swing...rocking chairs....
dogs...cats....
family close by....
picnics on a wooden picnic table....
iced tea in mason jars....
a simpler life....a harder life....
I'm a country girl at heart.....
 
 


8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like you were born a century or so too late. :)

MadSnapper said...

i have dreamed of that all my life, except not the work part

Unknown said...

Hmm, we're both dreaming the same dreams. Never lived in Texas but while trucking with my sweet Johnny we went through it many times. Love the people there; they're so warm and friendly, so open.
Visit my blog some time, okay?
http://barb-letschat.blogspot.com

RoeH said...

Yeah - this is my dream too. I think back to my childhood home on a farm in Idaho and all of my relatives in the same fashion....it was such an idylic way to live. *sigh*.....until my dad had to move and get a real job in Seattle in order to eat again.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I daydream about that all the time. I would have a wonderful garden but we would not work the land. My husbands grandparents bought a farm in WI when we were in High School. We spend time with them there and it was a wonderful old farm house and a nice red barn.

Nancy said...

Dreams can come true, ya know! :)

Judy said...

Me too, but then I get a sore hip, like I have now, and I am just so glad that I don't have to do that kind of physical work...

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

LOVE every photograph!!!!